Produce Bodega Associate
Title: Produce Bodega Associate
Reports To: Produce & Farmers Market Manager
Compensation: Hourly Rate
Hours: Part-time. Weekends required.
Providing fresh and healthy produce to a neighborhood with limited food access is a top priority of Logan Street Market. This position requires a passion for food, beverage, food justice, culinary arts, entrepreneurial and business management, customer service and community connections. The Bodega will operate year-round, 6 days a week.
1. A primary function of this role is to develop essential experience in grocery/retail business skills.
2. Responsible for utilizing all available resources to ensure successful execution of daily operations of the Bodega.
3. Follow direct instructions given by Produce Manager and Market Director. Utilize problem solving and decision-making skills in a hectic and fast-paced environment.
4. Gain proficiency on POS system. Including entering new product items, calculating pricing, tracking inventory, recording loss, accurately weighing items for sale, processing WIC/EBT/SNAP, and other incentive programs.
5. Set up, product stocking, aesthetically-pleasing product placement, tear down, clean up of Bodega.
6. Assist Produce Manager in merchant product ordering and distribution.
7. Cultivate a strong relationship with the farmers, guests, and merchants by providing attentive and friendly customer service. Report feedback from customers about desired products, room for improvement, and improving sales
Education: Highschool or GED
Experience: Retail, food & beverage, business management, agriculture experience or course work preferred.
License & Certification: None. Applicant must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check.
Language: English. Second language preferred.
Knowledge & Skills:
Basic knowledge of events, meeting planning and catering
· Outgoing, dependable, responsible and service-oriented
· Able to work independently and as part of a team
· Able to follow directions under busy and fast-paced situations.
· Able to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers and clients demonstrating respect in both positive and negative situations
· Attention to detail with strong multi-tasking and customer service skills
This position work hours are flexible in nature. Shifts vary but can include day, evening and weekend events. Sundays required.
· Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
· Must be able to stand on one’s feet for up to 8 hours
· The ability to bend, carry, reach overhead and to the side, push, pull, focus, walk, stand, twist and squat are requirements in a normal work environment
Cover letter and resume are REQUIRED when applying for this position. Email submittal to firstname.lastname@example.org